The final countdown is on to BSidesSF 2020 – this Sunday & Monday! We want to ensure everybody’s participation is amazing, so please read below for important information concerning this year’s event.
Getting to the Event
We are back once again at the Metreon located at 135 4th Street in downtown San Francisco. The location of the Metreon lends itself to a few different transportation options. For those looking to take BART or Muni, the Metreon is located about a block from the Powell Street station. For those interested in taking Caltrain, the Metreon is one mile from the King Street station. For those driving, the Fifth and Mission Parking Garage is located directly across 4th Street and offers 24-hour parking.
Once you are inside of the Metreon, take the stairs, escalators, or elevator up to the Mezzanine level for registration. The event will be distributed throughout the AMC Metreon 16 located on the third floor and the City View event space located on the fourth floor. However, you must first register on the Mezzanine to have access to these areas. To expedite registration, please have your QR code ready.
If you pre-purchased a t-shirt, these can be picked up on the fourth floor (City View) at Coat Check beginning at 11:00am on Sunday.
Before You Attend
Before you attend the event, we ask that you review our Code of Conduct as well as our Photo and Video Policies. We require that all guests abide by our policies and show respect and tolerance for each other’s uniqueness. We have no tolerance for physical, verbal, or sexual harassment; intimidation; or marginalization of any human! Additionally, due to venue restrictions, please note we only allow service animals at the event and will not be able to store bikes or scooters within the venue.
Two Full Days of Talks, Events, and Happenings
Doors will open at 9am and talks begin at 10am. The full schedule of events can be found on Sched and HackerTracker (on Android and iOS). All talks, villages, and the CTF are open to any and all participants; if there is an open seat, it’s yours. For questions during talks, we will be using Slido with code #BSidesSF2020.
We encourage all participants to take a stroll through the Participant Hall and visit all our sponsors, without whom this event would not be possible. Many of our sponsors are actively recruiting, so we encourage you to stop by their booths to learn more if you are interested in new opportunities. We’ll be raffling off some really awesome items, so make sure to get your Sponsor Passport stamped and turned in prior to the daily raffle.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in partnership with the San Francisco Department of Public Health. We take the risk to our community very seriously and want to make sure we are protecting our participants (you!) as best we can. SFDPH’s current guidance is to continue business as usual and they do not recommend that any events be canceled. However, we are taking several precautions:
- All registration bags include hand sanitizer courtesy of one of our sponsors – please use it!
- All bathrooms and most major areas contain hand sanitizer available for use.
- We ask that you practice “Respiratory Hygiene” / “Cough Etiquette” – cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze; avoid touching your hands, nose, and mouth to avoid transferring germs from surfaces; discard any used tissue immediately into a trash can; and wash your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer and/or soap and water right away.
- All major surfaces will be regularly sanitized throughout the event, including presenter microphones between uses.
- If you feel sick, are experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms or have traveled to a COVID-19 affected region within the past two weeks, for your own safety and the safety of everyone else please stay home, rest up, and get well. We’ll post the talk recordings online in a few weeks. Reply to this email, and we will be happy to provide you a refund.
We support both 802.1x EAP and WPA2 PSK.
EAP SSID: BSidesSF User: bsides Password: bsides
WPA2 SSID: BSidesSF-Static WPA2 Key: bsidessf
Visit https://wifi.bsidessf.org to download the EAP CA, iOS profile, and for more information.
We are looking forward to seeing you this Sunday! If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The BSidesSF Staff