BSidesSF is a non-profit organization designed to advance the body of Information Security knowledge, by providing an annual, open forum for discussion and debate for security practitioners. We produce a conference that is a source of education, collaboration, and continued conversation for information technologists. The technical and academic presentations at BSidesSF are given in the spirit of peer review and advanced knowledge dissemination. This allows the field of Information Security to grow in breadth and depth, and continue in its pursuit of highly advanced, scientifically based knowledge.
We are a practitioner focused event that attracts a wide range of attendees ranging from engineers & security leaders to executive decision makers. This is a great opportunity for you to showcase your work and share your ideas with industry peers. Bonus points if you can tie your presentation to this year’s conference theme: From the Ground Up!
The BSides community has continuously raised the bar and put the info back in infosec. We thank each and every member/participant/organizer of this community for their hard work, sweat, and relentless pursuit of making high quality content accessible. We celebrate diverse approaches and points of view and believe that our commitment to diversity fosters innovation. BSidesSF is continuing to build upon a culture that drives our community to include a wide range of thoughts and ideas.
BSidesSF will take place in San Francisco from February 5-6, 2022. The Call for Participation for talks and workshops will open on August 30, 2021, and will close on October 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Check out the Call for Workshops.
February 5-6, 2022
Please note that all talks are limited to two presenters only. Panels are limited to 5 participants (including the moderator).
- General talks – 25 min regular talk format for various topics in security and privacy.
- Deep dive talks – 50 min talk format to cover more technical deep dives.
- Panels – 50 min panel discussion to bring together a group of experts on a broadly accessible topic.
- Lightning talks – 10 min lightning talk about a new idea or project that you are exploring.
- Off the record – 25 min or 50 min talks for topics that you would like to discuss “Off the record”. We will be enforcing no recording/photography for this track (as much as is reasonably possible).
- August 30, 2021 – Call for submissions opens
- September 20, 2021 – Papers and Workshop proposals for early-bird consideration due
- October 4, 2021 – First round presenters and trainers notified
- October 25, 2021 – Final due date for all submissions, rolling notifications begin
- November 15, 2021 – All notifications, including waitlist, sent
- December 6, 2021 – Participation confirmed by presenters and details finalized
- February 5-6, 2022 – BSidesSF 2022
What You Need
- Presenter name(s) and contact information
- Submission Title
- Abstract – Limited to 300 characters (your “Elevator Pitch” for the talk)
- Talk Description – A detailed outline and the key takeaways for your presentation. Tell us more details about your presentation and why people will want to attend. These details will help us make an informed decision about your submission.
- T-shirt size(s)
- Are you interested in working with a program committee member for a dry run?
- Would you like to donate your presenter gift to one of our charities?
- Scheduling preferences
Submit to the CFP
To submit your presentation, please go —> here! <—
Questions? E-mail program [at] bsidessf.org